Tuesday 20 December 2011

Design Trends for 2012

Reading through my Gardens Illustrated magazine, I've just spotted a wonderful quote from Rosemary Alexander of the English Gardening School who is predicting garden design trends for 2012

"Wildflower meadows, often difficult to establish, can be supplied in carpet form - just roll out on top of prepared soil.  It's expensive but much easier, especially for a small space"

wild flowers - colourful and bee-friendly
Fantastic news, I hope Rosemary is right, it will be wonderful if gardeners all over the UK could plant just a few wild flowers to protect the country's biodiversity and help support pollinating insects.

Me?  I'm re-planting one of the borders in my garden with mainly native species.  So the Christmas break will be spent researching species and varieties and writing myself a wish list.  If the weather is nice, I may even get outside and do some digging.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi www.meadowmat.blogspot.com-ers have a nice xmas to you all - matt-mays

Employment Posters said...

I guess the UK was right need more flowers and trees to plant not only in the UK the whole world must do this to help and to grow the environmental nature.